Wavve Boating is a Kingston-based startup that’s goal is to completely disrupt the boating industry with our new app that takes a modern spin on nautical charts and the on-the-water social community. Two years ago we set out to transform the boating experience on the 1000 islands, and today our app serves boaters all across North America.
Removing dangers, connecting boaters, and sharing experiences is what we do.
About the Role
The Marketing Manager is responsible for supporting all number of activities related to digital sales and marketing. Using Wavve’s 2019 marketing plan and robust channel strategies to guide them, the manager will plan, prepare, launch, analyze, optimize, and provide comprehensive reports on the performance of all digital marketing and sales initiatives. The successful candidates ultimate accountability is to determine the most effective strategies for acquiring and retaining Wavvers, and defining keys to success whenever possible. This position is the perfect fit for strategic, business-savvy, and passionate self-starters who are motivated to make big things happen.
We want our next team member to be someone truly epic, who believes in Wavve’s vision, and understands that calculated risks are worth taking. We’re excited to have you along for the ride!
Job duties include:
- Apple Search Optimization
- Plan and pitch new campaigns for targeted audiences
- Manage and optimize numerous ASO campaigns
- Provide weekly performance snapshots with insightful learnings and next steps
- Search Engine Optimization
- Plan and pitch PPC and remarketing campaigns for targeted audiences, including keyword selection and copy writing
- Use Google Analytics dashboards and data to identify opportunities, track goal success rates, and make recommendations for new initiatives
- Conduct A/B testing through a variety of channels to validate, test, and optimize messaging, design and user experience
- Social Media Management
- Prepare and present monthly flight plans designed to attract and engage boaters on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Create and curate content that builds meaningful connections, follows industry best practices, and embodies Wavve’s brand
- Engage with influencers and followers and identify opportunities to grow Wavve’s presence on all social platforms
- Conduct competitive and audience research
- Establish benchmarks and prepare monthly performance reports
- Content Marketing
- Develop and maintain the website FAQ
- Prepare and present blog content ideas and series
- Plan, write, and optimize blog content
- Plan and develop instructional and helpful video content
- Email Campaigns and eNewsletters
- Prepare content to send to key contacts in targeted industries and geographies
- Design and create automated campaigns and lead scoring strategies to segment and nurture leads through the sales funnel
- Maintain the master mailing list and create a monthly eNewsletter to deploy to prospects, featuring announcements, industry stats, new content, compliance success stories, etc to drive prospects to the website
- Stakeholder Profiles
- Continually seek to understand and segment Wavve’s target audience, refining existing stakeholder personas over time
- Using stakeholder priorities and pain points, leverage key advantages of the Wavve solution to better understand what gets people on board
- CRM Maintenance
- Add new contact information to master lists and CRM system
- Track all correspondence types to the appropriate individuals and businesses, including emails, phone calls, etc.
- Product Demonstrations
- Overtime, run initial introduction calls, and host product demonstrations as required
Wavve Boating is a start-up environment where everyone supports each other and pitches in to help get the job done. This means that even though you’re the Marketing Manager, you may be asked to do any number of tasks and we expect you to take them on with enthusiasm – whether it’s to take an eight hour road trip to work a trade show in Rhode Island, walk Bean the office dog (we’re kidding but you will probably want to), prepare expense reports, find the cheapest hotel going, or fly a drone.
Requirements for this role:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good strategic thinking and planning skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office/Google Apps
- Experience working with Google Analytics and Adwords, basic understanding of SEO
- Good understanding of popular social media platforms and features
- Experience working with email marketing and CRM software
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or College Diploma and some experience in sales, marketing, and/or business development
- History of following through and making it count when it matters most! We need to see GRIT.
- You love boating, sailing, or just H2O generally!
- You are analytical by nature – you use data to draw conclusions and make decisions
- You’re digital savvy
- You use apps daily – and not just Instagram and Google Maps
- You’ve always wanted to be part of a start-up
- You can walk the talk
- You thrive in a digital marketing environment
- You have strong creative writing skills
- You have an eye for design
- You enjoy researching and learning
- You enjoy staying up to date with news, trends, and innovations
- You enjoy a good laugh – especially at work surrounded by a team that acts like a team
- Our core values – Be Better Everyday. Make it Happen. Always Remember the Data. Never Pass the Buck. Appreciate What you Don’t Know. Get in the Customer’s Boat. Enjoy the Ride – SPEAK to you.
Apply today! Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com